The multipurpose solution to cable location
The Fluke 2042 is a professional general purpose cable locator. It is ideal for tracing cables in walls and underground, locating fuses/breakers on final circuits and locating interruptions and short-circuits in cables and electrical floor heating systems. It can also be used for tracing metallic water and heating pipes. The unit is supplied as a complete kit comprising of a transmitter and receiver in a purpose-made carry case. The receiver also incorporates a torch function for working in dimly lit locations.
- For all applications (live or dead cables) without additional instruments
- Set includes a transmitter and a receiver
- Proven digitally coded sender signal guarantees clear signal identification
- Transmitter with LC-display for transmitting level, transmitting code and external voltage
- Receiver with a backlight LC-display for level of receiving signal, code of receiving signal and live voltage indication
- Automatic or manual adjustment of receiving signal sensitivity
- Acoustical receiving signal switchable
- Additional torch lamp function for working in dark environments
- Additional transmitters are available for extension of to distinguish between several signals
Technical Specifications Voltage measurement range Transmitter 12 V, 50 V, 120 V, 230 V, 400 V Frequency range Transmitter 0 – 60 Hz Output signal Transmitter 125 kHz Voltage Transmitter Up to 400 V AC/DC Tracing depth cable location Receiver 0 – 2.5 m wall/underground cables Main voltage detection Receiver 0 – 0.4 m Environmental specifications Operating temperature Transmitter 0 to 40°C Receiver 0 to 40°C Storage temperature Transmitter -20°C to +60°C Receiver -20°C to +60°C Humidity (without condensation) Transmitter Max. 80% relative Receiver Max. 80% relative Operating altitude Transmitter Up to 2000 m Receiver Up to 2000 m Safety specifications Electrical safety EN 61010-1 Overvoltage category Cat. III 300 V Mechanical and general specifications Size Transmitter 190 x 85 x 50 mm Receiver 250 x 65 x 45mm Weight Transmitter 0.45 kg Receiver 0.36 kg Batteries Transmitter 6 pc Batteries 1.5V Receiver 1 pc Battery 9V
There are no reviews yet.